Congratulations! We set 3 records on February 8 2017: Most money raised at a single meeting - $16,800; Largest memberhip - 168; Shortest Meeting - 36 minutes.
This brings our total donations to local charities to just under $180,000!
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others - right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
The next meeting will be held on
Wednesday May 10, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Army, Navy & Airforce Bldg., 53 Water Street, Simcoe
Corner of Culver & Water, Simcoe - enter off Culver Street.
Other meeting dates:
Wednesday August 9, 2017 and Wednesday November 8, 2017
Please check the Web site to confirm the location.
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity