100 Women Who Care Norfolk donate $16,600 to the
H-N Literacy Council
On November 14, 2018, 100 Women Who Care Norfolk selected the Haldimand-Norfolk Literacy Council as the recipient of $16,600. This money will stay in Norfolk County and will purchase new books, update computer software and buy other learning tools to support this program. One of the students who came to the program in his mid 40's and not able to read & write, says, "reading & writing is magic"....something many of us take for granted!
This brings the total donations since May 2014 to just under $300,000...supporting 19 local charities.
Pictured l to r: Maria Kinkel presenter for Natures Calling and Anita Hillis-Krause presenter for the H-N Literacy Council.
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, to go the "Charities" tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others - right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
The next meeting will be held on
Wednesday February 13, 2019 at 7:00 pm
Army, Navy & Airforce Bldg., 53 Water Street, Simcoe
Corner of Culver & Water, Simcoe - enter off Culver Street.
Other meeting dates:
Wednesday May 8, 2019 and Wednesday August 14, 2019.
Please check the Web site to confirm the location.
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity