We have reached another milestone….a total of $600,000 has been raised for 38 Norfolk charities since 0ur first meeting in May 2014! What an accomplishment! How did we do it? One hundred dollars ($100) four times per year times 176 members (Membership fluctuates). Who has benefited? A total of 38 Norfolk Charities who service thousands of Norfolk residents.
November 2, 2023 – 100 Women Who Care Norfolk receive the Simcoe & District Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Community Service Award sponsored by Good Redden Klosler.
November 2023 Update: The successful recipient of $17,400 was the Child Nutrition Network (R.E.A.C.H.) presented by Diane Luke. The other two charities who presented were HN New Credit Victim Services (Laura Maguire) and Boston School Parent Council Playground Initiative (Lorraine Skarratt).
The Child Nutrition Network was established in 1998 and partners with Haldimand Norfolk R.E.A.C.H., the Haldimand Norfolk Health Unit and community members. CNN offers school-age children & youth nutritious food for breakfast, lunch and/or snack programs during school hours. Increased food costs are added stressors for Norfolk County families and this program support those most vulnerable.
“These programs are necessary as many children arrive at school each day hungry and with little or nothing to eat for lunch”, says Sharon Smyth, CNN Community Facilitator. Sharon goes on to say, “Nutritious food is an essential part of the learning process and as a by-product, our students develop healthy eating habits. You have no idea what a donation of this magnitude means to our children.”
During the 2023-24 school year, 26 Norfolk schools and more than 9,000 students will have access to nutritious food.
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, go to the “Charities” tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others – right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity