May 2021 UPDATE: We are pleased to announce that we selected Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario Brant-Norfolk Chapter as the successful recipient of $16,800. Although COVID has changed how we meet, it has not diminished our ability to step forward and give back to our Norfolk Community.
Habitat for Humanity mobilizes volunteers and communities to help working, lower income families build strength, stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership. Potential homebuyers must meet requirements within a minimum and maximum income range and be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity to build and purchase their home through an affordable mortgage.
COVID-19 has caused significant lost revenue at the ReStore (Habitat’s main source of income). Couple that with construction delays, product delays from suppliers, double digit price increases and reluctance of volunteers and trades people able to work during the pandemic, project completion has been slow and more costly.
This donation will be used to complete the exterior of the current project on Brook Street in Simcoe. The homeowners received the keys for their home on April 29th after contributing more than 800 hours to it’s completion. Once this home is 100% complete, Habitat will move on to their next Norfolk project.
Since 2014, 100 Women Who Care Norfolk has raised more than $430,000 for 28 charities.
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, to go the “Charities” tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others – right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity