Over $500,000 Raised by 100 Women Who Care Norfolk! What an accomplishment by 100 Women Who Care Norfolk! How did we do it? One hundred dollars ($100) four times per year x 165 members (Membership fluctuates). Who has benefited? 33 Norfolk Charities who service thousands of Norfolk residents.
August 2022 Update: The most recent recipient at our August 2022 meeting of $16,500 is Youth Unlimited/YFC Norfolk (presented by Julia Easey).
Their mission is, “We see the hope and potential in every young person”. Youth Unlimited/YFC is committed to helping youth develop holistically by offering programs and developing relations that nurture the whole person – physically, mentally, emotionally, socially & spiritually. All programs are free and use different community volunteers to lead the youth…whether it be practically by learning new skills, physically by providing food or spiritually.
Sarah Rutledge, Youth Centre Director says, “This money will be used to improve our kitchen and washroom facilities. Our washroom facilities are not currently wheelchair accessible. The labour will be provided by volunteers. We are so grateful for this financial infusion. It will make a huge improvement at our location…we are thrilled.” Youth Unlimited/YFC Norfolk is located at 32 Union Street in Simcoe.
The other 2 charities who presented were: Friends of the Library Norfolk – Dolly Parton Imagination Library (Nancy Sherwin) and Purrfect Companions of Norfolk (Angie Grice).
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, go to the “Charities” tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others – right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity