Langton Public School is the successful recipient of $16,600.
On February 13, 2019 100 Women Who Care Norfolk selected Langton Public School as the recipient of $16,600 (presented by Diane Luke).
The money will be used to purchase playground equipment. Equipment which was originally installed in 1993 was deemed unsafe in 2017 and removed. As the school board or province doesn’t pay for playground equipment, this fundraising activity fell to a parent group and teachers. After organizing multiple events, this group has raised $35,000 of their $50,000 goal. Their goal will ensure that multiple pieces of equipment are purchased which will be suitable for children ages 5 to 12. This equipment must be accessible for children with special needs. The Langton school has a self-contained autism class who will also benefit from this purchase.
The entire Langton community will be able to take advantage of this equipment as it will be utilized at night, on weekends and all summer long. This investment will help local children build strong bodies, social skills, confidence and work off energy in a positive way.
Pictured l to r: Jennifer Walker presented on behalf of Norfolk General Hospital Foundation – Rehab Department; Diane Luke presented for Langton Public School; Rebecca Malo presented on behalf on Strong Start.
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, to go the “Charities” tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others – right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity