NGH Foundation Rehab Department is the successful recipient of $16,400.
On May 8, 2019 100 Women Who Care Norfolk selected NGH Foundation Rehab Dept as the recipient of $16,400 (presented by member Jennifer Walker).
The money will be spent on purchasing new equipment which delivers the latest in technology and maximizes the rehabilitation process. The two top items on their wish list are “S.A.R.A.” – Standing and Raising Aid and a specially designed bike which promotes safe movement of arms and legs. The Rehabilitation Department is also in need of additional wheelchairs and walkers. The population of Norfolk County can take comfort in knowing that our local hospital is investing in the best equipment on the market.
Pictured l to r are the members who presented on behalf of 3 different charities: Jennifer Walker presented on behalf of Norfolk General Hospital Foundation – Rehab Department; Betty Ann Carty who presented on behalf of Christmas Panorama Farm Market; and Angie Grice who presented on behalf of Puurfect Companions.
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, to go the “Charities” tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others – right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity