Over $500,000 Raised by 100 Women Who Care Norfolk! What an accomplishment by 100 Women Who Care Norfolk! How did we do it? One hundred dollars ($100) four times per year x 165 members (Membership fluctuates). Who has benefited? 34 Norfolk Charities who service thousands of Norfolk residents.
November 9, 2022 Update: It was a go! After 2 1/2 years, the November meeting was held “in-person”! Just under 50 members attended.
The successful recipient was Friends of the Library Norfolk (presented by Nancy Sherwin). The $16,700 will be used to fund the Dolly Parton Imagination Library Program.
There are currently 412 Norfolk children registered, with 50 on the waiting list. Since launching this Norfolk program in January 2018, 17,000 books have reached the hands of children. It costs $50 per child per year. This precious money will ensure many more books are read over the next several years by children across Norfolk County. Dolly Parton believes that if you can read, you can do anything, dream anything and be anything.
The other 2 charities who presented at the meeting were Lynnwood Arts (Mary Winter) and Waterford Skate Park (Julie Chuli).
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, go to the “Charities” tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others – right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity