MAY 2022 UPDATE: 165 Norfolk ladies came together virtually and selected Cancer Support and Resource Program as the recipient of $16,500. This money will be spent on food/gas vouchers, hospital parking passes, utility bill payments and home essentials for bedridden patients
The CSRP is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting those touched by cancer to take charge of their choices and to locate the appropriate resources. They assist families connect with government and community agencies, institutions, businesses, service groups and individuals. And through peer and support groups, they offer a wide variety of emotional and support services. 50 to 100 families are helped each year, all the staff are volunteers, and all of this money will help Norfolk residents.
The other 2 charities who presented were: St. Bernard of Clairvaux School (Joannie Rell) and Youth Unlimited/YFC Norfolk (Julia Easey).
Since 2014, 100 Women Who Care Norfolk has raised more than $497,600 for 32 charities.
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, go to the “Charities” tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others – right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity