October 2020 UPDATE: Unfortunately, our May and August 2020 meeting dates have been cancelled due to COVID-19. The November meeting is being conducted via email. On October 7, 2020, an email went out to all our members on the process we will use for the next meeting (& potentially future meetings). It outlines how to nominate a charity, how to submit a presentation, the voting and announcement process. This process begins NOW. If you did not receive this email please contact us by email at email@example.com. NOTE: New members are welcome to join.
So many people and organizations in our community are in need of financial support and we have an outstanding group of ladies who are able and willing to give. Our membership stands at more than 160 people.
Even though we haven’t been able to meet in person, members of our group continue to reach out by volunteering time and money. Over the summer months, the Lighthouse Festival Theatre was the recipient of more than $3,000 from more than 25 ladies. Others continue to support the Who Did it Club, Church Out-Serving and the Simcoe Indwell Project.
The total donations since May 2014 are just under $400,000…supporting 24 local charities.
To learn more details about this charity as well all previous successful charities, to go the “Charities” tab on this web site.
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others – right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity