The May 10 2017 meeting marked our 3rd anniversary! Congratulations!
- We currently have 173 members and welcome more!
- Of the 173 members, 85 have been members since the first meeting
- As of May 10, we have raised just under $197,000 for 13 local charities
- We have raised just over $20,000 per hour for each hour we have spent at meetings.
The successful recipient at the May 10th meeting was Church Out Serving
Are you someone who is interested in helping others but is stretched for time?
Do you want to be a part of an empowered group of women who want to make a direct, positive and immediate effect on the lives of others - right here in Norfolk County?
Would you like to network with other like-minded women in Norfolk County?
The next meeting will be held on
Wednesday August 9, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Army, Navy & Airforce Bldg., 53 Water Street, Simcoe
Corner of Culver & Water, Simcoe - enter off Culver Street.
Other meeting dates:
Wednesday November 8, 2017 and Wednesday February 14, 2018
Please check the Web site to confirm the location.
What is this Organization? What is expected of me?
- There are four one hour meetings each year
- To become a member you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate $100 per meeting, 4 times a year whether or not in attendance
- At each meeting, 3 representatives will make a 5 minute presentation on their charity
- After the presentation, the members will vote by secret ballot. The charity receiving the most votes will receive all the donations E.g. 100 members x $100 = $10,000
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Norfolk, will be used to benefit programs locally and will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting directly from the charity